Monday, March 19, 2012

when the enemy attacks...Part 1

      When your under attack from the enemy, It usually means the Lord is doing something BIG.....
......
            Feb. 2, 2012 about 7:50pm Steve and I were sitting at a red light in the far left turning lane when we heard screeching tires and see a green truck spin in the intersection and get thrown into our minivan,knocking us back a full vans length.  Steve and I were by ourselves and ok, but shaken up....after only having this van a month......it was totalled.
    
      I know the Lord was watching out for my husband and I because when we were leaving our house I was walking toward our Camry with the key out ready to get in and I stopped and said, "you know I like my van, I like driving my van...lets take it instead"  I had no idea that the split decision probably saved our lives.  The way that the vehicle struck the van, and how hard the truck hit us, most likely would have landed on top of Steve and I and we probably wouldn't be here if we had taken the Camry instead of the van.  I honestly believe it was the Holy Spirit that changed my mind before we left.
  
      Now go forward to Feb. 11th 2012 nine days later...I went to a Saturday get together with the women of our church we were making chocolate covered strawberries for upcoming Valentines Day.  Afterwards, I picked up Stephanie and Daniel from my moms and headed to Walmart to pick up a few things.  Then headed home on a route past our church, turning left on a green arrow and then the kids hear me halar out, "Not Again" a van hit my back passanger side tire area....I normally have Stephanie sit in the back seat, but decided to let her sit up front with me....she would have been sitting in the area the Camry got hit.  Were standing outside and on this day the wind chill in Knoxville is like 10 degrees...the police officer let us sit in the vehicle to stay warm.   The Camry was undrivable and had to be towed.  I can't descibe how shaken up I was and how angry I was that this happened, yet again.
  
 The van was gone, the Camry in the shop and because of conflicting stories and no witnesses we each had to take care of our own vehicle.  We have a 1,000 dollar decuctible.  The week after all this happened, I don't know how to explain it except I felt like the walls were closing in, I had no energy at all, I wasn't sleeping, and everytime I went to eat, I would get sick, I had no desire to eat and I have to eat due to health reasons....my body was in pain, pain that started making me look at sights such as fibromaligy.   This pain has been there before but this hurt a lot more than normal.  I couldn't handle it anymore I called a dear friend...she prayed for me over the phone and the Lord while praying the Lord brought up the eating thing...I could feel this weight start to fall off of me.  I went up for pray on Sunday, two days later and it all left...  I know that I was under attack of the enemy, and I believe that the second accident was also an attack of the enemy......The enemy goes around looking for those he can devore and destory....He can't destroy me...I am a child of the King! 
 
 It doesn't end here but out of time for writing....stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. TELL THE REST OF THE STORY!!! ;-) Tell how God has wildly blessed you, since that last blog post!

    It was so great to see you at TGIFriday's tonight! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel terrible that I haven't finished part 2 yet....I will finish it though it's to good not to share :)

      Delete