Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Last Names Can Be Fun

I'll start off by saying that Blogging is new to me.  While I love to write, it was one of my favorite
subjects to do in high school, I could possibly be the worst at grammar.  I have thought this over
for quite a while now and have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to let that stop me.  If this
bothers you, I apologize, actually I don't...lol..how is that for starting a blog.....so here we go....

    Hi I'm Amy.  People either call me Amy or AmyJ because there aren't to many that can pronounce
my last name.  It has it's advantages for one telemarketers don't have a chance, Second if someone tried to still my identity they would probably change their mind real fast when they saw the last name.  Sitting in a waiting room at a Dr's office and they come out and go........uhhhhhh Amy or Amy J or they just go looking around the room hoping I'll notice them and not make them call out my name.  I don't get upset anymore
I just laugh.

     I'll never forget the day I found out what my last name was going to be.  This is how it went.
I met my husband while working at Burger King in Bowling Green Ky.  I worked the drive-thru and he made the food.  We closed together almost every night.  Steve and I had been dating about a week and it never dawned on me to find out his last name.  I was clocking myself out at the register and Steve asked me to clock him out too.  I typed in his ID number and it started printing out his time slip for the day and there is was at the top.....Steve Jernejcic......"Do What?" I said to myself!  I wish I had a picture of my face when I saw it.  You see, I knew from the start that I was going to marry this man, but was flipping out because I didn't know how to say this last name or how to spell it for that fact.

    There were certain letters when I learned cursive that I had trouble writing being left-handed and writing a J was one of them.   I was a Senior in High School when we started dating so I would write  Mrs Amy Jernejcic and practice my J's all over my folders.   You will be happy to know I accomplished cursive writing J's and I've very happy to be Mrs. Amy Jernejcic :)

    
   

2 comments:

  1. AmyJ, I still sometimes spell your name wrong...I *always* have to think about it. ACK! But I love you more than words can say, and I am so tickled you've joined the blogging world! When I get back from out of town, I will add your link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, that means a lot to me :)
      Love you bunches

      Delete